- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the icon to access your Profile, which looks like a person's head and shoulders.
- Tap the Settings icon, which looks like a cog.
- Turn on the Private Account setting.
Why should I worry about Instagram privacy?
1. It accesses your location.
To turn off location services, go to your iPhone settings, tap Privacy, then Location Services, scroll down to find Instagram, and choose Never or While Using The App.
2. It lets everyone know what photos you like.
3. It collects a ton of your data. Instagram accesses a lot of your data and you may never even know it!
4. It allows your photos to be used by anyone without permission. Unless your profile is private, anyone is allowed to go to your page and use your photo for whatever they want, whether it’s posting it on a website or claiming it as their own.
5. It alerts others to exactly what you’re doing on the app and when you’re doing it.
*In order to use Instagram safely, it’s really important to remember that the app can have this kind of access to your information. You can always minimize this by turning off Location Services and making your profile private, but if you choose not to do so, keep in mind that the app knows more about you than you think.
Info credit: https://hellogiggles.com/news/instagram-compromising-privacy-dm-feature/
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Menu icon at the bottom right of thescreen. ...
- Scroll down and tap Settings from the list of menu options.
- Tap Account Settings from the pop up window.
- Tap Public Posts.
Tips about facebook privacy settings
2 - You can change the privacy setting on EACH post (even OLD posts).
3 - You can create a RESTRICTED list to control whose post you see AND who see's your posts. Your "friends" will never even know if they are on a list!
4 - You can customize HOW people can find you.
5 - You can customize your TAG settings.
Info Credit: https://www.guidingtech.com/facebook-privacy-settings-tips/
| || |